Box o' Rocks

Box o' Rocks
found beside book drop

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Thing #22 Downloadable Audio

As I looked at these I wondered if I'd ever really use them. I have used books on cd because my car has a cd player, and before that books on cassette. I have read part of a book online with hypertext links to more info and that was great, but so hard on the eyes! I read of some of the issues with downloading to our little MP3 players and haven't had a chance to try that, but I did take a book on Vikings from cd to computer to MP3. I listened to a little bit of it on computer, and some with the MP3. I gave up on both of those and have been happily listening in my car. I find the player and the computer very hard to listen to. It's easier to hear a book over road noise than it is to adjust the volume on the MP3 or the computer. Add to that the issue of cd players (and computers) that will not hold the point you've stopped at, even though it works in one's car, and the issue of Windows Media Player being awkward and strange about anything not music and it all becomes kind of more trouble than convenience. I'd rather just read a print book!!!

No comments: